Photo Competition Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions – The Manchester Day 2018 Photography competition
- Closing date for entries to the Manchester Day Photography competition is 5pm on Monday 25 June 2018.
- The competition is open to all residents of the UK. The competition is only open to amateur photographers.
- Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to local call charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access. .
- An eligible entrant must be an individual and must submit an entry according to the means stipulated by Manchester City Council under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
- By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Manchester City Council reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold Prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. Manchester City Council reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
- Entries must be the original work of the author (who is an amateur photographer) and not previously published.
- The winners of the main competition will be the entrant whose photograph, in the opinion of the judges, best captures the vibrancy, colour and energy of the parade
- The entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of photos entered in to the competition.
- By entering this contest the entrant agrees that any image submitted may be used by Manchester City Council for the purposes of the promotion of Manchester Day and other Manchester City Council events.
- The entrant hereby grants Manchester City Council a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in each Entry for the uses described in 10.
- All winners will be announced on www.manchesterday.co.uk
- 1st Prize: Samsung Galaxy Tablet
- 2nd Prize: overnight stay at ABode Manchester with a full English breakfast. Overnight stay must be taken Sunday –Thursday before 31st August 2018. Prize includes: one overnight stay for two in a Desirable room on a bed and breakfast basis. Subject to availability, excluding bank holidays.
- Runner up prizes: A family meal at the Cosy Club, A family meal at Pho, A family meal at Banyan, afternoon tea at the Lowry hotel.
- Submitted photographs of all prize winners and selected other entrants will be posted on www.manchesterday.co.uk
- There is no cash or other alternative to the Prizes stated and the Prizes are not transferable and no part or parts of the Prizes may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions. The Prizes cannot be redeemed in conjunction with any other offers.
- The winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their Prizes.